Criminal Defense Attorney Roger Futerman is a Former State Prosecutor, a Nationally Board Certified Criminal Attorney (certified by the NBTA), is Board Certified by the Florida Bar and has been named one of the Best Defense Attorneys In The Tampa Bay Area. In 2013 he was named one of the Nations Top 100 Trial Lawyers by the Nations Trial Lawyers Organization. Mr. Futerman is a member of the American College of Board Certified Attorneys which is a professional organization for attorneys who have been certified by a recognized accrediting organization.
He is a Preeminent AV Lawyer rated by Martindale Hubbell. This is the highest rated peer review a lawyer can receive from judges and lawyers. Click here for comments.
He is a Nationally published author having being featured in “The Champion” June edition 2011. He was recently a legal analyst for NBC news channel 8 Tampa Bay regarding the Casey Anthony verdict, and George Zimmerman verdict and his cases and remarkable results have appeared on Fox, CNN and in the Tampa Tribune and St. Petersburg Times. He has tried over 100 jury trials and his results receiving “Not Guiltys”, in so many cases speak for themselves. (See actual verdict forms)
- Kings College School London England with Honors -1988
- University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, Bachelor of Arts – 1994
- Georgia State Law School in Atlanta, Georgia, Juris Doctorate Degree -1998
- Channel 8 Tampa Bay (NBC affiliate) Casey Anthony Murder Case, Expert Commentary
- Channel 8 Tampa Bay (NBC affiliate), Fox 13, ABC news Hai Hoang case
- Fox 13, Channel 8 Tampa Bay (NBC affiliate), NBC Dateline Cara Ryan murder case
- Channel 8 Tampa Bay (NBC Affiliate) George Zimmerman Murder Case, Expert Commentary
- Channel 8 Tampa Bay (NBC Affiliate) Samantha Broadhead case
- Channel 8 Tampa Bay (NBC Affiliate) Benny Riviera case
- Channel 8 Tampa Bay (NBC Affiliate) Alan Smith case
- Channel 8 Tampa Bay (NBC Affiliate) Janyia Thomas Murder Case, Expert Commentary
- Channel 8 Tampa Bay (NBC Affiliate) Implications of Stand Your Ground with Mark Douglas, Expert Commentary
- Channel 8 Tampa Bay (NBC Affiliate) Curtis Reeves Murder Case, Expert Commentary
- Channel 8 Tampa Bay (NBC Affiliate) Ralph Wade Murder Case, Expert Commentary
- Caymian TV Legal Expert Brenda McGloughin Robbery Case, Expert Commentary
- Legal expert Fox 13, Mctear Death Penalty Case
- Channel 13, Orlando, drug trafficking (client not named)
- Guest Legal Expert St. Petersburg Times, Channel 8, Robert Temple.
- St.Petresburg Times, Tampa Tribune cases covered by press handled by Mr. Futerman, include: Warrington, Batra, Smith, Naylor, Ganpot, Forte, Stow, Maskell, Freeland, Broadhead, Foster Lawrence, Martinez, Matos, Thompson, Valdez, Ryan, and Hoang cases.
- Northern District of Georgia Federal Defender’s Office (certified intern) – 1997
- Fulton County Public Defender’s Office (certified intern) -1997 to 1998
- Assistant State Prosecutor for Pinellas County -1998 to 2000
- Founder of Roger D. Futerman and Associates. January 2000 – to present.
Licenses To Practice:
- Licensed in good standing in Middle District Federal Court and all Florida State Courts.
- Certified before the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals and Florida Supreme Court.
- United States Supreme Court.
- 2011, 2012 Ohio State Court (pro hac vice)
2012 West Virginia Federal Court (pro hac vice)
Second District Court of Appeals
Certifications, Recognitions and Memberships:
- Board Certified in criminal trial law by the National Board of Trial Advocacy – 2011 to present.
- Board Certified in criminal trial law by the Florida Bar – 2016 to present.
Member of the Bar of the Supreme Court of the United States
- Florida Bar member in good standing since 1998
- Federal Bar member in good standing since 2000
- Member of the American College of Board Certified Attorneys
- Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- National Association Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Hillsborough Bar Association
- Named to the 2016 Super Lawyers list by Florida Trend
- Preeminently AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell -2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016
- Clearwater Bar Association
- St. Petersburg Bar Association
- Pinellas County Lawyers Association
- Florida Trial lawyers
- American Bar Association
- Member of National College DUI Defense
- Better Business Bureau
- Recognized as a member of the national top 100 Trial Lawyers – 2015 – 2016
- Strathmore’s Who’s Who in leadership and industry recognition.
- Stetson Law school 2010
- Hillsborough Community College 2010
- University of Tampa 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016